Alright! This is it! Day One of my weight loss challenge! The official start to gettin' skinny! Or at least healthier. ;)
I've decided to kick it off with the Special K Challenge to jump start my weight loss. I felt that this was nutritious enough that I am still eating healthy - as opposed to starving myself - and is the structure I need to get started. I don't have the discipline to diet on my own (YET!), so this way I have my specific Special K plan to follow. Hopefully after the two week challenge I can keep it going with smaller portions, healthy snacks, etc.
Their tag line is "lose 6 pounds in two weeks", so I think if I can see a difference right out of the gate I am hoping I'll get that boost I need to keep going! I am one of those people who reads and researches everything (until I know more than I ever needed to) so I haven't done all of my homework yet. I have a rough list of calories to refer to of the foods on my Special K diet, but I would like to see about how many I was eating before. I've used a calorie counter website in the past so I need to go check out my calorie intake for the "before" and compare it to now. I also need to make sure I am hitting high protein, high fiber foods for dinner. I need to refresh myself on nutrition facts. We eat fairly balanced meals around here, but now it the perfect chance to tweak it to get us healthier.
Special K Challenge:
Meal 1 - 1 cup of cereal (I purchased blueberry and original to choose from) and 2/3 cup of skim milk or 2 SK waffles and 2 tbsp light syrup and either option with fruit
Meal 2 - more cereal or one protein meal bar (I purchased chocolaty chip and chocolate peanut butter)
Meal 3 - eat as I normally do
Two snacks - honey pecan snack bars, protein snack bars (I purchased chocolate delight and chocolate peanut), crackers (I purchased tomato and basil and multi-grain), and protein water (I purchased tea flavor and tropical fruit flavor)
Beverages - drink as I normally would, I am NOT cutting out my beloved DP but cutting down to a few a week, of course lots of water!
Fruits and veggies - eat through out the day to help curb hunger, I think this is what will really get me through as I anticipate being really hungry!
I've always liked SK cereal and I eat cereal everyday anyway, so this shouldn't be too bad. Lunch could be very challenging so I plan to eat a lot of fruit and veggies with it. And of course, snacking...ahhh, dear snacks. I must learn to say goodbye to junk food and hello to better food. This plan gets you in the habit of eating fruit when you are hungry and I am hoping that will stick with me. I do love fruit...but I love chips too!
Day One almost down...dinner is sounding really good right about now...
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weight Watchers has an awesome, delicious vegie soup. You can eat it anytime. Has about 0 calories.
ReplyDeleteYou Go Girl! This is a creative way to get accountability. Sounds like you have a good healthy plan! Love, shan
ReplyDelete