Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Death on a Bike

I signed up at the YMCA yesterday and decided to hit the ground running. Or riding, rather! I went to a spin cycle class this morning, and after I recovered (as best as I could) from leaving Joseph with strangers with tears streaming down his face in the child care room, I almost died on that bike. It was a serious workout. Or anything at this point would be a serious workout to a beginner. The gal next to me said you can burn anywhere from 400-600 calories doing spin class. When I got home I checked a couple of online 'calories-burned' calculators and one showed 555 calories burned and another showed 597 calories burned - with my height and weight. That's some serious calorie burnage! How many times can I say calories, calories burned, or burn in one paragraph!? Ha.

So the spin class was pretty killer. I did like it though and definitely plan to go back. They have a great schedule at the Y with a lot of variety and good classes. There are a handful of different ones that I want to try so I should be able to find my niche pretty easily. Just gotta get Joseph over his daycare anxiety. Poor baby...he cried himself to sleep in one of the ladies arms. My heart broke when I came to pick him up and saw him there. I'm guessing it wasn't too bad or they would have come to get me. There are classes from 7:30-8:30 pm everyday too, so I can leave him with Josh and go in the evenings if the child care thing doesn't work out.

Anyway, BIG first step here, folks! I'm excited! Wish me luck! Hope this really kicks my weight loss into gear!

3 comments:

  1. That's great! Before long he may start crying when you come pick him up...LOL. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor Joey Bear. = ( I think he'll get used to it and LOVE it eventually. It took Blake a few times to get used to his child care room at my gym too but hey....WE NEED the break! Spin is DEFINITELY not the best class for beginners. ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm taco salad... as Nate would say 'it's a salad isn't it'!

    :)

    ReplyDelete