A couple of interesting points:
- Every 3500 calories is equal to one pound. So if you cut back by 500 calories per day, you should lose 1 pound per week. So if you cut back 250 calories per day – like 2 slices of bread – and increase your exercise to burn an extra 250 calories per day, you can also lose 1 pound per week!
- Get some sleep! When you don't get enough sleep, levels of a substance call leptin, which is a natural appetite suppressant, are lowered in your body. Sleep deprivation also causes your mental alertness to suffer and raises your irritability levels. So get some rest and give your body and your mind a chance to recuperate.
- You can cut calories and still eat the foods you enjoy, simply by cutting your portions in half. You'll consume 50% less calories without having to deprive yourself of any of your favorite foods. This is my favorite theory for losing weight. I've always believed that you should be able to eat what you want (I mean, within a balanced diet) and stay fit. I guess that is pretty much what I am doing now. I've rarely felt deprived on the Special K diet and I've lost consistently. Most of the time any feelings of "deprivation" are unhealthy habits I need to change anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment